Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Engagement!!!!

Ok so a lot of time has gone by. While I was in Spain, a teacher I had at BYU-Idaho (John Thompson) sent me a message saying there was a job opening at KPVI - Channel 6 in Pocatello. I jumped on it and sent in my resume and cover letter. I knew if I wanted to stay with Ben I needed to find a job near him. Amazingly enough, I was offered the position. I needed to book it to Idaho as fast as I could. I flew in from Spain on Thursday and Friday morning my dad and I were driving to Idaho. We needed to stop in Utah because my dad's flight left from the SLC airport. So we decided to stay Saturday night and I'd continue my trip to Idaho Sunday by myself. 


When we got to Utah we made our first stop in Park City to visit President and Sister Benton. It was great, we had lunch with them before they headed down to the UofU vs. BYU football game. Before we left, Ben came knocking on the door. I knew he was coming b/c we planned on seeing each other in Utah but he got there a lot sooner than I thought he would. He mostly came because we wanted to take engagement pictures but we didn't want to pay anybody to do it and since my dad was with me he could do it (he's a professional photographer). So yes........we were going to take our engagement pictures before we were actually engaged to save money since my dad would be going back to Missouri. haha 


After we left the Benton's we went down the street to take the pictures (at a golf course). We took a couple and then Ben said "ok, let's do one like this. you stand here like this and I'll bend down like this." He got down on one knee and pulled out a ring. :) I couldn't believe it!!! 
Then his sisters came running up behind me. I had no idea they had come with him. My mom was on the phone with Kinsey trying to hear the whole thing. It was great!!! It was so cute! Here are some of the pictures we took:

President and Hermana Benton randomly showed up. ;)





The wedding will be Friday Dec 2 in the Nauvoo temple. 

8 comments:

  1. Hey Sasha ... Nice Balloon Chalk Art! And it turned out cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats some romantic guy, old school but i like that. Richard from Amish Stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look great with the bailaora clothing from Spain. I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precioso!! Best wishes to the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing experience... getting to meet the Benton's, they're incredible! Seeing Chris Sorensen in Colorado and seeing Dean Webb in Utah brought back such great memories. Getting to meet Hermana Saren Hobbs and her wonderful family in person! Actually seeing that she is a genuine person, not just a photo from Argentina and to see first hand what everyone else has said that she is such an incredibly sweet soul (and very beautiful). Unforgettable even with my bad memory. To top it off Ben came through with his lovely sisters and made the whole thing official and special and I truly don't ever remember Sasha being so happy - she was just glowing / beaming with joy. That warms any father's heart. Congrats to both of you, I know you're going to do marvellous things together.

    ReplyDelete