Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 7 2011 Happy June!

WOAH....Ok so its been a while! Let's see....Memorial Day weekend. That ended up being a lot of fun. We got a group of friends together and went to Idaho Falls to celebrate. First we went shopping!!! Ben got some awesome new clothes. So did I! I bought some jeans and a couple tops. We were going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat but they were having UFC night and wanted to charge us a $5 cover fee just to go in! Plus they didn't even have any tables available and we were a group of 12! haha So we left. We then decided to go to Texas Roadhouse but that was an hour wait. We were hungry. Finally, we settled for Johnny Craigo's. It was way good. I even had a blackberry italian soda :) I don't usually drink soda, but I couldn't resist. 


School went really well last week. I Aced my Public Relations test. We had our show in spanish for I-News. I'm the producer along with my co-worker Juliana Aguilar. We produce the spanish I-News show every other Friday. Check it out! http://www.byuicomm.net/video/ It's always so much fun! 



This last weekend I finally got Ben to go longboarding! He did really well at Smith Park. In fact, he did so well that he actually liked it and accepted my invitation when I invited him to go again. This time it was to a much larger hill. Let's just say it wasn't as graceful as the first time. ;) This is me going down the hill. 


This is Ben after he went down the hill. The funny thing was nobody told him to or even expected him to go down. It was his second time to ever be on a longboard. He surprised us all as we watched him zoom past us down the hill. He did really well until he got towards the bottom, then he started to get really wobbly. Then....BAM! He hit the dirt really hard, with no protection. We were really worried at the time, but afterwards when he was ok, it was pretty funny. You can't really tell in the picture but he ripped his jeans, there's blood on his forehead too. Let's just say, he got tore up pretty bad. The real blessing is there's no broken bones. 



So far this week is going great! I'm working on a story about the Idaho Education Reform Bills. I even got to interview Senator Brent Hill about it! That was awesome! He's actually going to the same place I served my mission in a few months. Pretty neat! 


Some more good news, we won our soccer game this weekend against the Hawks (4-1). I got the first goal about two minutes in. Then Amanda scored the next one. I believe Hailey scored the last two. It was last Friday so I mean, its been a while for me to remember that far back. haha This is my Bruins soccer team.

    And finally, my mom and brother made it to Spain safely. They are enjoying themselves with friends and family. Can't wait until I'm done with school so I can go too! My dad is losing weight like crazy. He will probably enter the Tour de France next year if he keeps it up! haha 

Peace & Love

2 comments:

  1. Ha! More great stories and photos! Thanks for posting. As your father it is my obligation to ask you to be careful on that longboard - you were really moving there! Wow! I want to try it too, but I'll have lots of protection thank-you very much - what are you trying to kill Ben off already? Ha! I appreciate the support in the weight loss, it's going well, but as for the Tour de France, I might qualify to watch it. I can barely handle these Jeff City hills let alone something like that, but wouldn't that be cool?! We'll do the Tour de Sevilla when we get there, Mom says you can rent bikes to ride around town. Sweet! Hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can rent bikes to ride around town! I found an even cooler way....instead of paying, you take your bus ticket you used that day to the huge bus station by the.....dang, I don't remember what it's by. Well, the big bus station we always go to when we go to Badajoz. There they give you a free bike to rent out for the day. You just have to bring it back before 24hrs is up. :D I did that a lot b/c I didn't feel like paying for the city bikes. They even give you a chain lock and key so if you want to station it somewhere you can. Coolest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete